[mythtv] ffmpeg SWSCALE!

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 00:58:41 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Richard Dale <richard at interlink.com.au> wrote:
> Here's a few screenshots of software scaling (using FFDshow on windows PCs,
> not on Linux) and the before and after shots on DVDs:
> http://www.htpcnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=132&Itemid
> =48&limitstart=4
>
> I'm experimenting with MythVideo's mplayer parameters right now.
>
> By adding:
> -sws 9 -vf pp=unsharp=l:c:7x7:5/denoise3d=12:12:12
>
> To mplayer's parameters this apparently this does software scaling, unsharp
> mark sharpening and denoise too.

Is the ffmpeg implementation of swscaler essentially mplayer scaling?
does it allow for filtering?

If so, being able to create seperate scaling profiles would be great
to allow for filtering poor quality SD stations to a greater extenet
than high quality(ie digital) SD stations, and then even another level
for DVD's.

I've played with this in mplayer before in doing transcoding of tv
shows (both SDTV of varying quality and HDTV to "hr.hdtv").

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!