[mythtv] Current SVN DVB-S zapping problems (diseqc?)

Simeon Simeonov simeonov_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 05:04:03 UTC 2006

For completeness: I was able to resolve my diseqc
problem by two things:

- delete the SetTone(false) from
DiSEqCDevTree::Execute in diseqc.cpp and I have no
idea why but there could be flaky thing for my type of
cards (pure speculation on my side);

- force resending the diseqc commands during retune by
inserting  diseqc_tree->Reset() before
diseqc_tree->Execute() in dvbchannel.cpp

Retuning by default does two things: sets the correct
tunning voltage if it was overwritten for the rotor
and sets once again the tone for tone controlled LNBs.
It looks like for my card it is important to set the
voltage in order to tune. So if my tunning voltage is
18 volts then by default it will not be set a second
time. By forcing setting the voltage each time I had
partial success when switching from one source to
another. But by repeating the whole diseqc sequence I
had no problems switching between sources. My guess is
the since I have a switch behind a rotor first the
rotor command is sent and it starts rotating. Perhaps
this generates some noise in the line and that is why
the switch command that is sent at that time sometimes
does not succeed.