[mythtv] DMA audio does not work with MythTV

Matthew Wire devel at mrwire.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 18:51:18 UTC 2006

Note: This is probably a users list question...

There was a problem with Mythtv unmuting cards based on the saa7134
chipset which was fixed just after 0.20 was released.
See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2238
and http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/11376

I'm guessing that you are running a version prior to this fix.  In any
case you can see whether your card is muted and unmute it using v4lctl
which is usually distributed in xawtv-tools or similar.

Hope this helps,
Matthew