[mythtv] Recent change in plugin API?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Dec 14 14:57:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 23:40 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Has there been a change to the frontend plugin API in the last 4-6 weeks
> that could be causing MythStream to suddenly start to crash the frontend
> on exit? (sudden in that it didn't used to - using 0.17_2).
>
> Currently on r12240 but this problem has been present for a while now and
> scanning through commits I can't see anything that could be causing it :-(
>
> Any help to improve the WAF appreciated.

The plugin API has changed many times since 0.17, and a few
times in the last few weeks. I'm surprised that any plugin
written for a 2 year old version of MythTV would still be
working. The ABI has probably changed a hundred times since
then. You should try recompiling the plug-in against the
version of MythTV you are using and make any changes needed
to make it compile, this may get it to run with the version
of MythTV you are using. The plug-in should also check it's
ABI version against the running MythTV ABI version, that
would prevent it from loading unless the ABI matched. Grep
one of the official plugins for MYTH_BINARY_VERSION to see
how this is done.

-- Daniel