[mythtv] Use a TiVo Series 3 as a tuner?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Dec 21 17:14:37 UTC 2006

Andy Poling <andy at realbig.com> says:
> If nothing else, I suppose it somewhat crudely documents what I was
> able to reverse-engineer about the livetv buffer while I was working
> on it...

This (plus the other replies in this thread) is excellent news. I'm no
developer so can't contribute that way, but I do have a Series 1 with
lifetime and have been seriously considering purchasing a Series 3 to
transfer the subscription to. If I take the plunge I'll happily help
test any code people here come up with.

I currently have full, untrammeled access to all my subscribed cable
channels over FireWire, but there's no guarantee such happy
circumstances will continue indefinitely, so I hope the Series 3 +
CableCARD becomes an alternative, production-quality input source for
MythTV. May it become the world's most expensive (but, of course, more
fully featured) HDHomeRun!