[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r12329 by cpinkham

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 24 06:46:04 UTC 2006

* On Sat Dec 23, 2006 at 11:15:42AM -0500, Mark Buechler wrote:
> On 12/22/06, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
> >Fix detection of remote CIFS filesystems in the Storage Groups disk
> >space calculation code.

> Question about this, how do I know if this is working? Specifically, my
> master backend has it's recordings store mounted from my slave backend. Does
> this filesystem detection determine where recordings are truncated? I know
> you stated that recordings are expired on the master, but where are files
> truncated?

Files are always deleted by the backend that recorded them.  The expirer just
runs on the master and figures out what files need to be deleted because the
master is the only backend with a total view of all storage along with the
knowledge of what storage is shared whether it is two backends sharing a
single filesystem or two directories that happen to be on the same filesystem
whether on the same backend or not.

> Also, looking at the backend status I see that Myth still thinks both of my
> backends have different recording stored thus doubling the space
> calculation.

Run mythbackend with the "-v file,schedule" argument and it will spit
out lots of debug info about Storage Groups.  Some of this info will show
you the Storage Group directories and their remote/local status as well as
total/free/used disk space.

--
Chris