[mythtv] RFE: jobqueue prioritization for commflagging?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 19:46:40 UTC 2006

I regularly queue up a dozen recordings for transcoding after doing
commercial flagging. This works great and saves lots of disk space.
The only downside is that it takes a *REALLY* long time and new
recordings don't get commercial flagged until all of the scheduled
transcode jobs finish.

Since commercial flagging jobs tend to take much less time than
transcoding and since many people like myself may want to watch new
recordings (with commercials flagged) while other recordings are being
transcoded, I'd like to request that different types of jobs have
different jobqueue priorities so that commflagging jobs get bumped up
in priority, or similarly, have transcoding or other time consuming
and CPU intensive jobs be decreased in priority.

I didn't see anything in the mythjobqueue code that looked like a
starting point for reprioritizing scheduled jobs - am I missing
something somewhere else?

-Ross