[mythtv] Some ideas about mythtv and input devices

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed Dec 27 18:30:00 UTC 2006

At 5:12 AM -0700 12/27/06, Keith Layne wrote:
>It would be nice to add the ability to easily kill this one off and
>start a new one, so that changes to remote configs could be effected
>without restarting the frontend.

I second this motion. Since switching to a usbuirt, I've found that
lirc occasionally seg faults. While I could spend loads of time
trying to debug the crash, I'd rather just be able to restart it and
irexec when it dies. But even this isn't quite good enough, since I
now have to restart MFE too, so that it will realize lirc has been
restored.