[mythtv] EPIA M10k - XvMC: Very high CPU (even when paused!!)

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Dec 29 11:19:07 UTC 2006

Herman Kuiper wrote:
> As I run Myth with some minor patches of my own (which were not accepted
> into head) but also didn't want to have a complete development environment,
> I run MiniMyth via NFS and just compile an SVN version on the NFS server
> and copy it on top of the shared Minimyth root. The server is Debian, and
> mostly "it just works", for one or two plugins I need to put newer .so
> files in the local/lib directory of Minimyth as it uses older versions.

I didn't realise that minimyth was distributed with all the necessary
devel libs/headers/binaries in place. I would have taken a similar path
had I known.

The way I looked at it, I would have to chroot into the minimyth install
and build everything to ensure I was linking to the correct shared
libraries and using the correct headers etc. I didn't realise minimyth
came with Qt development tools installed.

That was the reason I opted for a chroot of my currently installed OS,
that way I could build on the NFS server too, but know that I was
linking against the same libraries as in my NFS root... but if Minimyth
lets you do all that perhaps this wasn't necessary.

Col.