[mythtv] 720p content constantly going in and out of sync

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 23:12:47 UTC 2006

For a long as I've been using DVB support in MythTV (over a year), I've been
seeing a problem with many 720p streams constantly going in and out of sync,
ie:

2006-12-30 18:07:49.845 NVP: Video is 30 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.
2006-12-30 18:07:49.879 NVP: Video is 30 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.
2006-12-30 18:07:49.912 NVP: Video is 30 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.
2006-12-30 18:07:49.945 NVP: Video is 30 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.
2006-12-30 18:07:49.979 NVP: Video is 30 frames ahead of audio,
                        doubling video frame interval to slow down.

These come very frequently with no more than a couple minutes of perfectly
synced video/audio in between. I've seen a few tickets on this as well as a
few email threads but with no solution. Has anyone found the cause of this
or know how to remedy it? The problem is getting larger for me given more
and more of my HD content is showing this problem.

- Mark.