[mythtv] MythRoku - trying to mimic mythfrontend frame seeking

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Wed Feb 1 21:24:18 UTC 2006

On 2/1/06, Daniel Walton wrote:
> - how can I determine the framerate for the file that is being played?
There is no direct info in myth.  this is done by parsing the header
of the mpeg typically.  It is likely that an enhancement to
mythbackend will be needed to support this, considering the
limitations of the photobridge

> - how does the mythfrontend build it's position map without downloading the
> entire file and crunching through it?  There has to be something here that I'm
> missing because that just doesn't seem feasible.
This is stored in the SQL database.  There is a lot of info here, so
I'm not sure it's worthwhile to store the whole thing in roku's
memory.  perhaps just asking the backend to do the work would be
easiest (send a query asking for a file position for a specific frame
number (or ~PTS)

.Geoff