[mythtv] LiveTV with multiple tuners fails when first tuner doesn't respond...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 2 03:53:12 UTC 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:

>I have three tuners, for some reason MythTV wants to use my firewire
>connected cablebox as the first tuner for live TV, the problem is, if it
>doesn't get a signal over firewire instead of going to the next tuner it
>just fails out of livetv making it impossible to go into live TV. Is there a
>way to A) tell it to use my PVR150 for live tv first instead of the firewire
>input, or B) have it go to the next tuner instead of just failing?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/165477#165477

If you read the whole thread, you'll find all the answers you need.  The
link above takes you to Bruce Markey's post about how LiveTV capture
card input selection works--in other posts in the thread he provides
information about how to change the card input used by LiveTV.

Mike