[mythtv] MythRoku - trying to mimic mythfrontend frame seeking

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Thu Feb 2 20:22:35 UTC 2006

On 2/2/06, Daniel Walton wrote:
> Thanks for all the info.  Let's assume type 7 goes away, why couldn't the
> photobridge use type 9, just because of the limited memory on the photobridge?
> Roughly how much memory does it take a hold the position map for an hour long
> show?
say keyframes arrive every 15 frames (~ every 0.5 sec)
you'd have 16 bytes (I believe both fields are 64 bits) * 7200 = ~
115kb/hour  so yeah I guess it isn't a significant amount of RAM.  But
you still need to change the backend protocol as I don't believe you
can get at any of this info now (and you really don't want to try to
add sql support on the photobridge).

.Geoff