[mythtv] howto? gdb trace

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 17:39:16 UTC 2006

On 2/4/06, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 12:24 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 February 2006 12:08, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > > Someone mentioned earlier that the gdb info on the website is wrong.
> > > I've had issues with mythfrontend crashing alot with no info in the
> > > log as to why. I want to get a backtrace but want to make sure I'm
> > > doing it properly, can someone link me to or reply with correct
> > > information on how to do this?
> > >
> > > or if the info on the website is correct just verify it for me.
> >
> > Info on the website works.
>
> I this Steve's question is due to something I said to someone who
> seemed to have a broken glibc. The info on the website works, but
> it silently ignores a broken glibc, due to the SIG33 suppression.
>
> If you left out the noprint, then it would print out gobs of
> SIG33's if you had a broken glibc, but at most one or two at
> startup if you had a working glibc.
>
> -- Daniel

ok, great. Another question... Is there a way to control gdb through
ssh? I have a dedicated myth machine that I want to run this on,
theres no keyboard attached, and if its possible to do the gdb through
ssh (while still have it display on the tv as normal), it would be
prefered, if not, i can move my keyboard from my other computer, I'd
just rather not if possible.

Thanks,
--
Steve