[mythtv] Commercial flagging, shutdowns & lost recordings

Matthew Carle matthew_carle at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 5 03:54:47 UTC 2006

Thanks Paul,

It sounds like that should stop the problem. Does the 'Pre shutdown check
command' continue to run while waiting for shutdown (eg every 10 secs) or
does it just run either when first idle or when starting the shutdown?

The current behaviour still seems quite strange to me. I can't see why it
doesn't already abort the shutdown count down if a commflag or transcode is
running (and yet it seems to abort shutdown at the last minute - but not
restart the countdown). Maybe there is something I am missing.

I had a read about mythwelcome/mythshutdown. Am I correct in thinking that
mythshutdown just manages nvram-wakeup and the system shutdown -
(mythbackend still checks to see if the system is idle)?

I look forward to being able to use 'mythshutdown --check' in 0.19 -
hopefully it's not too long away now.

Matthew.