[mythtv] Recordings in subdirectories

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 5 18:06:46 UTC 2006

On 02/05/2006 12:55 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I've sort of been doing this already, I symbolicly link archived shows
> to subdirectories within my recordings directory and then add the file
> to the db with a little script I wrote, it places the folder
> information in with the file name in the db and everything works fine.
>
> I guess my point is, I don't understand what the patch is adding
> (other than being able to use a completely different directory, if I'm
> reading things right...?)

I'm not understanding which way you're doing things, but if you create a
link in the recordings directory referring to a recording in some other
directory (such that the basename contains no subdirectory information),
everything works (assuming you use delete follows symlinks).  If,
however, you change the basename to include subdirectory information,
deleting and some other things will fail because the GetRecordBasename
function strips all path information from the basename and returns only
the filename (i.e. it assumes files are _not_ within subdirectories).

Mike