[mythtv] Storage Groups functionality

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Feb 5 20:05:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 02:15:50PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/05/2006 01:36 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > The round robin is nice for spreading I/O across multiple spindles, but
> > may actually cause problems with multiple network filesystems (i.e. if 3
> > NFS mounts are chosen for 3 concurrent HDTV recordings while the system
> > is doing near-real-time commflagging or... instead of choosing some
> > local and some remote filesystems).
> >
> > In the initial implementation, at least, we could ignore these issues as
> > long as we give the user the ability to explicitly choose a storage
> > group at the record table level, as you mentioned.
>
> Although, we should probably allow the user to specify whether a
> filesystem is remote to the current backend, though.

I'd also like to see it deal well with off-line storage, both for the
"removable FireWire drive" case, and for future expansion into, say,
DVD-jukebox storage of archival programs which are still in internal
format (keeping them in internal format has many advantages to burning
the out to DVD-Video).

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?