[mythtv] Storage Groups functionality

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 7 04:44:51 UTC 2006

> archived off the MythBox (preferably as-transcoded to MPEG-4), and have
> all the metadata live in the system, so that if we wanted to look at
> something, we could just hit play, and the box would tell the juke to
> either mount said disc, or copy the file in to staging for playing from
> HDD.  Or, at the very least, to prompt us to manually drop a DVD-R in
> the drive for said purposes, as a first cut.

I agree with this idea.  If there was an 'archived' flag and an 'archive
location' for each recording, then mythfrontend could prompt for the
proper media to be inserted or could even run a script to autoload the
media indicated.

> You understand what I mean, though?  My personal wish is for Myth to
> *natively* support archiving of programs which it still considers under
> it's control.

I agree.  It would be nice to be able to burn a few shows off to DVD,
tell Myth I 'archived' them to DVD #109, and potentially have those
recordings show up as archived or not even show up unless I went to
the 'archived recordings' group/filter/whatever.  The autoload script
mentioned above could work like the userjobs and be passed things like
the archive location, chanid, starttime, filename, dirname, etc..

--
Chris (watching this to go further off-topic)