[mythtv] Deb builds from SVN?

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Wed Feb 8 14:20:04 UTC 2006

> I think we should organize the people interested in svn myth
> and ask if we can perhaps place a debian directory into
> contrib.

Well, to summarise my experiences trying to get just 2 redhat RPM packaging
additions (2 spec files) into the 'contrib' folder of myth:
1) all developers on and off list either thought it was an absolutely
marvelous idea, or were in-different to it.  Most of them being the former,
loved the idea.   Only Isaac, the project owner specifically dissented, and
said (unoquivacly, and repeatedly) "packaging stuff doesn't belong in the
upstream source", and he could not be swayed.

When pushed for an alternative he said: (and I quote him again):

> Stick it on wiki.mythtv.org - apparently the site's ready to go live
> shortly, and will probably get the most visibility there (once the new
> wiki is linked from the main page).

I suggest that you may like to put deb/packaging related stuff in here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Developer_Documentation and/or

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Developer_Tools_and_Scripts

Buzz.