[mythtv] MythTV - Version 1.0

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:07:08 UTC 2006

On 2/8/06, Ross Campbell <ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Is it time to call it Version 1.0?
> > >
> > > Myth is too good to have it start with a zero!
> >
> > We have to have a 0.5x and 0.99.x series first :)
>
> and version 0.99 needs to be followed by 0.100!
>
> <peeve>
> I hate it when opensource programs go from version .9 to .10 or .99 to .100
> - version numbers should be NUMBERS. New versions should have HIGHER numbers
> than the previous versions, or at very least they should alphanumerically
> sort as "higher"
> </peeve)

Often, Programmers use the version number as TWO sets of numbers,
seperated by a . (dot). MajorVer.MinorVer

And in some cases, MajorVer.MinorVer.BuildNumber (Which makes less
sense as a "Number").

So, 0.99 is Major Version 0, Minor Version 99. So the next version
would be Minor Version 100.

At least it's not like Windows version numbers (4.12.33.1)
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston