[mythtv] segmentation error on startup of mythfrontend

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Mon Feb 13 13:20:52 UTC 2006

before i create a ticket on trac, i thought i would ask if anyone has
seen this - preferably with a solution :-)
i've built a new frontend (myth svn 8922, Asus A8N-VM CSM, AMD64,
gentoo) and when i start up mythfrontend it crashes quite a bit
one data point is that if it stays up long enough to give me a menu and
i go into live-tv it crashes
but if i go into recordings and play one i recorded earlier, then the
chances of it crashing going into live-tv are greatly reduced

it seems to crash in the same place each time (gdb stacktraces, backend
logs available)

[Switching to Thread 32771 (LWP 11250)]
0x00002aaab0c032f3 in _db_return_ () from /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14

another data point is that if i reboot live-tv will work the first time

it also seems to cause my slave backend to crash (but cannot determine
the pattern yet)
i've spent the best part of a week trying to find a pattern

i've also seen this on an EPIA M9000 frontend

just in case it was a build problem, i've reinstalled myth, qt, mysql
no difference that i can see

regards
--
simon