[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8949 - in trunk/mythtv by kkuphal

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 14 16:46:51 UTC 2006

>       Author: kkuphal

> Closes #1139 by applying modified patch using bits instead of bytes.  Included also are modifications to most of the shipping themes except for the -wide versions which I don't have an appropriate system to test with.

You should be able to simulate wide-screen by adjusting your window size to something
that is 16:9.  You could set it to 800x450 or similar and test a wide theme and
your 4:3 video should automatically be pillar-boxed.  16:9 content would be displayed
"full-window" as it should since your display window is 16:9.

I run mythfrontend in a 800x600 window on my dev box but occasionally bump it to
a 16:9 ratio like 800x450 for testing things.  As I record more HD content, I'll
probably make the default 16:9 so I won't waste screen real estate on the
letterboxing while I'm developing.

--
Chris