[mythtv] Input switching question

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 05:35:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 10:37:58PM -0500, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Thanks Bruce, that all makes sense.  Yes, I see how those are
> important considerations.  So is this a good summary of the
> requirements for implementing IGs:
>
> 1.  Scheduler has to consider all inputs in an IG as a unit when
> determining conflicts/placing items in the schedule.

Yes.  This is easy.

> 2.  Channel changing in live tv has to know that it can't use any
> input from an in-use IG.

Yes.  I'm not familiar with that code, but it's probably not too hard
to make this change.

> 3.  When notifying an input in an IG to stop what it's doing, the
> notifier has to notify all inputs in the IG.

The problem is that the scheduler doesn't currently tell a recorder to
stop doing anything.  It only tells a recorder to start doing
something new.  This would be a whole new concept for the scheduler
and may or may not be difficult depending on what problems come from
it.

David
--
David Engel