[mythtv] Any chance of committing #1308?
Michael T. Dean
mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 17 17:54:09 UTC 2006
On 02/17/2006 12:23 PM, Derek Battams wrote:
> Just wondering if #1308 will be committed to svn or looking for
> feedback on it. If it's not going to be accepted then I'd like to
> downgrade my db schema before a schema 1125 is committed to svn. I've
> been running that patch for a few days and have verified the
> functionality as working.
Just a tip for the future...
The more patient you are with your patches, the more likely they will be
committed. As you posted the patch only 15 hours ago and there are
currently 132 open tickets in Trac, the devs haven't had much time to
look at it, let alone test it out, smooth out the rough edges, and
decide whether it belongs in the main trunk.
I would say that if you were able to create the patch in the first
place, you should be able to handle changes to Myth that happen between
now and when the patch is finally committed/closed. So, please remember
that there are enough people pushing the devs to look at their
patches/tickets first (many of which are invalid tickets)--especially
when you consider all the developers are donating their time to this
So, IMHO, the best approach would be to watch for DB schema updates,
and, if necessary, downgrade your DBSchemaVer so the update will succeed
and/or modify the DB update if it would fail with your changes, and run
with an unofficial change in your own tree. Eventually, you'll get the
answer you seek, but even if the change isn't accepted, you could
continue to run with your modified version--just without the DB schema
changes in dbcheck.cpp.
More information about the mythtv-dev