[mythtv] Thoughts on AutoExpire

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Feb 19 20:36:22 UTC 2006

> 1)  If a program is going to be rerecorded in the foreseeable future
> if it is auto expired, then don't auto expire.  To make space, auto

> 2)  If a recording is going to be auto expired immediately after it
> is recorded, then don't record it.  This case can happen if you have
> a title set to record one, and expire old and record new.  If there

This is going to involve your patch to include the AutoExpire thread
talking to the Scheduler thread to get the list of upcoming recordings
and is part of the reason it hasn't been implemented yet, because it is
a little more invasive thatn the current checks that are done when
determining whether to expire something.

Personally, I don't have any schedules where maxepisodes == 1, and
the ones where I do have a low maxepisodes (ie, 3) don't normally
schedule marathons.  I do see some value in this, so if you or someone
else feels like coding it, I wouldn't have a problem committing it,
but it's low enough value for me that it wouldn't make it onto my
todo list anytime soon.

--
Chris