[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9044 by cpinkham

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Sun Feb 19 22:13:02 UTC 2006

Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> Sorry to butt in, but if Daniel's F2-F6 are mappings for the
>> Red/Green/Yellow/Blue buttons (in that order!), then I think they each
>> need a separate keybinding.  The menus are often presented as Press Red
>> for x, press Green for y, etc... and I think a colour cycling type thing
>> would be counter intuitive and damage the WAF!
>
> I think we may (or possibly do) need to stop mapping keys for every new
> thing that is added.  Not to pick on this one, but just to use it as an
> example, if people want the Teletext feature that requires 4 keys, let
> them map them.  They have to do the work to setup the remote anyway, what's
> a little more work to setup a keybinding in mythcontrol or mythweb?

I think we're thinking along the same lines here Chris.  I was worried
that Daniel/Frank were about to reduce the four distinct keybindings to
a single one that would change function depending how many times the key
is pressed.  /That/ would be confusing!

Naturally, I expected the end user to set up the appropriate keys on
their remote for the keybindings.  (I don't suppose all countries have a
use for the coloured keys?).

--
Graeme Hilton