[mythtv] Debugging mythranscode failure

Bill Cizek cizek at rcn.com
Wed Feb 22 22:13:15 UTC 2006

I've got a program that reliably fails transcoding.

I'm doing a "loss-less mpeg2" transcode to cut out commercials.  Both
from within mythfrontend and from the command line, mythtranscode runs
almost to the end of
the file and then exits without finishing.  It's not segfaulting -- it
just stops.  The status
within mythtv stays as "Running" forever.   If I watch the resulting
file in xine it looks good,
but the last few seconds are cut out.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to debug this?  I've run this with -v
all and nothing
obvious turns up in the log file.

This has been happening since I recorded this on Feb 1.  I'm currently
using svn 9089.

Thanks,
Bill