[mythtv] OSD problems: chromakey doesn't fade out; others don't do HD switch

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:26:16 UTC 2006

The chromakey OSD is no longer fading from the screen after an item is
displayed in TV playback, despite DB settings (particularly annoying
when "Default Settings" comes up on playback), but takes an ESC press
to remove.  Other OSDs still fade, so I'm guessing the problem might
be <http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9072>.  This happens on
playback of content recorded as MPEG4 or ATSC MPEG2.
(I first noticed it at rev 9148, and still see the problem on 9152.)

I switched to the chromakey after finding I could no longer tune
LiveTV to the HD-3000 card input with other OSDs.  When I'd switch
card inputs, I'd get a black screen for a long time, no signal
monitoring, and then a return to the TV menu.  HD scheduled recordings
would still record fine and playback fine.  With chromakey OSD, the
signal monitoring comes up and the channel shows in LiveTV.

NVIDIA 5200,  driver v1.0-7664
XV, no XvMC
Twinview displaying TV on second screen
nothing in the non-myth setup has changed since an earlier, pre-0.19
rev worked with HD, LiveTV, and non-chromakey OSD.

(I've always gotten the message: VideoOutputXv Error: Couldn't get the
color key color, probably due to a driver bug or limitation. You might
not get any video, but we'll try anyway.
but it's never previously affected playback.)

Any thoughts on either?

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer