[mythtv] 'Illegal instruction' - gdb backtrace - says its in xmlparse.cpp

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Thu Jan 5 14:47:59 UTC 2006

Curious....
I am currently getting an 'Illegal instruction' when I try to enter the
guide (on one of my PC's only).

---------backtrace excerpt-------------------
XMLParse::parseFont (blah blah ) at xmlparse.cpp:239
239	xmlparse.cpp: No such file or directory.
	in xmlparse.cpp
(which was called from GuideGrid::LoadWindow at guidegrid.cpp:465)

I don't see anything there (line 239) that might be problematic?  Unless
it's 'parsePoint' from 238?

It's identical binaries (same SVN RPM install actually).

Might it be something to do with the fact that it was compiled on a Celeron
with mmx/sse/sse2 and a bunch of other CPU flags, but is being run on a P3
with less flags - has mmx, but no sse/sse2 for example?

Buzz.