[mythtv] Firewire Problems (DCT6200)

Bryan Murphy bryan at terralab.com
Fri Jan 6 00:17:59 UTC 2006

Steve Adeff wrote:
> these are the versions I have running, I think are the latest, and will work:
> libavc1394-0.5.1
> libiec61883-1.0.0
> libraw1394-1.2.0

Same versions here.
>> 6. rename and restore libraw1394 and libavc1394 in /usr/lib
>>

> why did you do this step? If possible, since you compiled them from scratch,
> you can remove the packaged versions.

I have some other software installed that complains if those libraries
aren't available.
>> 0000:02:08.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host
>> Controller (rev 80)
>>

> Did you ever look into why it would stop working after two weeks?

I did, but I never found any pattern to it.  It would just stop.  It was
easy enough to fix (a quick reboot) and I've been very busy lately so I
haven't had much incentive to follow it up on the list until now.
>> And it does look like I've got a VIA Firewire interface.
>>

> but previously, it was working fine when it did work?

It worked great when it worked!
>> I can also try another firewire interface.  I may have a PCI firewire
>> card lying around somewhere.
>>

> Well, it should be possible to get it working with your VIA firewire since it
> did work before. I would be curious though, if moving to a non VIA firewire
> chipset solves the 2week or any other issues you may have had?

I'll try to dig something up this weekend.  Hopefully I'll have some
more time to play around with it and try a different card.

Bryan