[mythtv] [patch] multi channel audio patch 1

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Jan 6 23:25:17 UTC 2006

> I hate to be the bringer of bad news (again), but ALSA can't without a
> lot of glue. JACK can - With an external, unlicenced (and
> unlicensable) implementation of an AC3 encoder, from FFMpeg. Hence why
> I said earlier that it may be easier to reuse the glue bits from:
>
> http://essej.net/ac3jack/
>
> Or just use jack + a jack router to get what we want.

Bit late to the party:

There is a really nice new Jack audio output plugin been written for
mplayer.  I intend at some point in the new year to nick the code and
port it to xine and mythtv to replace the code I wrote (which currently
uses bio2jack).  This should lead to a very neat and compact (and
robust) jack output layer.  I really can recommend Jack to anyone who
needs high performance audio mixing and audio plugins

Ed W