[mythtv] RE: 'record weekly' bug?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Jan 8 09:54:05 UTC 2006

> There is now this problem with week change, when it's assigned to the
> same as day change at 00.00, when there's also last weeks reruns coming
> at seventh day. Then we need an addon to the algorithm to record the
> last one coming at the seventh day, which is hopefully the new episode,
> not the reruns coming before the precis weekchange..? Or am I lost with
> this too?

What happens if the station decides to show the rerun _after_ the
new episode?  Using your 'last episode of the day' logic, you'd get the
wrong episode in that case.

You haven't presented any strong arguments as to why it should be
changed.  With the current code, the user can fix it if any of these
scenarios occur.  With hardcoding the week to start at midnight, the
user doesn't have the option of fixing it.  The SQL editting was only
the second option, Bruce explained how to resolve it using normal
functionality in Myth.

--
Chris