[mythtv] Netowrked ATSC Tuner

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Sun Jan 8 18:52:13 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I am involved in a networked ATSC tuner (dual tuners, 100baseTX network).

The video stream is UDP based and it has a TCP control channel. Two
machines can independently control the two tuners if desired.

I have just recently started playing with MythTV and I would like to add
MythTV support.

One approach could be to use a user-space app to receive the TS and
create a loopback driver so it looks like a normal video capture device.

Another approach would be to add support directly to MythTV. This would
avoid looping through the kernel and would be easier for end-users.

Any thoughts?

I am quite happy writing the code for it, or would be able to arrange
samples if anyone was interested in helping out.

Nick