[mythtv] Netowrked ATSC Tuner

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Jan 9 05:04:22 UTC 2006

On Sunday 08 January 2006 23:36, jafa wrote:
> Side note - what approach do you guys take with revision control?
>
>  From the other posts it sounds like trunk is leading but changes are
> expected to stable and not work-in-progress development?

For the most part, yes.  However, isolated parts (like what you intend with a
new recorder) don't have to be as stable.  I don't think anyone would want to
be merging in lots of small changes, though..

>  From my point of view I prefer developing under revision control. One
> approach would be to import the mythtv codebase into my private svn
> server. Another would be to create a short-lived development branch on
> the public mythtv svn server. Working on the public mythtv svn server
> would be easier but it depends on whether that would be acceptable or not.

I generally don't give out write access to the SVN server until I've had a
number of good contributions from someone that I haven't had to fix code
quality/bugs/etc with.

Isaac