[mythtv] MythTV Usability Report

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Jan 9 17:09:03 UTC 2006

Tony Howard píše v Po 09. 01. 2006 v 11:57 -0500:

> On another note, it's possible to run SVN and stable backends on the same
> machine - maybe I'll put up a Howto, if someone doesn't beat me to it.  The
> only issue I know of is that there's no mechanism for them to share tuners.
> Isaac or somebody, would it be possible to add support for sharing a tuner
> among multiple backends on the same machine?

I am still very 'green' here (myth-er for two months only) but I feel
like this is not necessary. I believe that the 0.18->0.19 transition
that takes almost a year is something exceptional and that normally (if
there wasn't the big live tv rewrite) users would see stable releases
more often. So I wouldn't waste time by implementing features for
running several backends simultaneously - I myself installed 0.18.1
along with SVN and was switching back and forth during November but then
the live tv rewrite "sat down" somehow and now the SVN is way better
than 0.18.x. So eventhough this is on 'production' machine I no longer
switch and don't need sharing the tuners... When this big release is
over (normally I'd call it 2.0 and not 0.19 considering the number of
changes :-) people will test it and I believe 0.19.x (x > 0) will follow
quickly to address reported things including the usability
improvements :-) That will also address the "run something recent if you
want to report problems" message.

Petr