[mythtv] DirectFV Matrox TV-Out

Wied Pakusa wied.pakusa at web.de
Mon Jan 9 20:16:39 UTC 2006

Hello.

I hope you can help me, because i'm almost getting mad about the mythtv
installation :-)

My hardware:
-> Hauppauge PVR 250
-> Matrox G450 DH

After many hours of trying and many cups of tea i suceeded in compiling
mythtv with --enable-directfb.
I have also compiled mythtv with qt-embedded and compiled XDirectFB (a
X-Server using directfb).

Everything works fine - with the enviroment variable QWS_DISPLAY set
correct mythfrontend starts on my TV - and with my /etc/directfbrc:
"
matrox-crtc2
matrox-tv-standard=pal
primary-layer=2
no-vt-switching
disable-module=joystick
disable-module=ps2mouse
disable-module=lirc
disable-module=linux_input
"
--> dfbinfo:
"
(*) DirectFB/Config: Parsing config file '/etc/directfbrc'.

     ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.24 ---------------------
           (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
           (c) 2002-2004  convergence GmbH

(*) DirectFB/Core: Multi Application Core. (2006-01-08 12:22)
(*) Direct/Memcpy: Using MMXEXT optimized memcpy()
(*) Direct/Thread: Running 'Fusion Dispatch' (MESSAGING, 29774)...
(*) Direct/Modules: suppress module 'joystick'
(*) Direct/Modules: suppress module 'linux_input'
(*) Direct/Modules: suppress module 'ps2mouse'
(*) Direct/Modules: suppress module 'lirc'
(*) Direct/Thread: Running 'Keyboard Input' (INPUT, 29781)...
(*) DirectFB/Input: Keyboard 0.9 (convergence integrated media GmbH)
(*) DirectFB/Genefx: MMX detected and enabled
(*) DirectFB/Graphics: Matrox G450 0.7 (directfb.org)
(*) DirectFB/Core/WM: Default 0.2 (Convergence GmbH)

Screen (00) FBDev Primary Screen            (primary screen)
 Caps: VSYNC POWER_MANAGEMENT

   Layer (02) FBDev Primary Layer
      Type:    GRAPHICS
      Caps:    SURFACE BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST SATURATION

   Layer (01) Matrox Backend Scaler
      Type:    GRAPHICS VIDEO STILL_PICTURE
      Caps:    SURFACE SCREEN_LOCATION DEINTERLACING DST_COLORKEY
BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST SCREEN_POSITION SCREEN_SIZE

Screen (01) Matrox CRTC2 Screen
 Caps: VSYNC ENCODERS OUTPUTS

 Encoder (0)
   Type:           TV
   Caps:           TV_STANDARDS
   TV Standards:   PAL NTSC

 Output (0)
   Caps:       CONNECTORS SIGNAL_SEL CONNECTOR_SEL
   Connectors: SCART YC CVBS
   Signals:    YC CVBS RGB

   Layer (00) Matrox CRTC2 Layer              (primary layer)
      Type:    GRAPHICS VIDEO STILL_PICTURE
      Caps:    SURFACE FLICKER_FILTERING BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST HUE
SATURATION FIELD_PARITY ALPHA_RAMP

   Layer (03) Matrox CRTC2 Sub-Picture
      Type:    GRAPHICS VIDEO STILL_PICTURE
      Caps:    SURFACE OPACITY ALPHACHANNEL
"
--> compiled with --enable-multi (fusion module loaded)

XDirectFB runs with a nice quality on my TV-Out.
I want to use XDirectFB (mythtv not compiled against qte but with
--enable-directfb) because qte doesn't use directfb but only the
linux-fb device - the quality is not so nice like directfb.
But that's not import - my problem still remaining is:

When i start the playback of TV or a movie it isn't displayed on my TV
but on Head1 (Monitor) ->
example: mythfrontend runs on XDirectFB on Head 2 (TV-OUT) - then
starting Live-TV -> TV-Out black -> Live-TV plays on my monitor.
So thats my question -> How can i make mythfrontend to show the picture
on Head 2? I hadn't found any information about that.

I really hope you can help me, because i have the feeling i'm nearly
before a nice mythtv-center using my existing hardware.

Thanks!

Wied Pakusa