[mythtv] MythTV Usability Report

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Jan 10 20:34:27 UTC 2006

Carl Reynolds píše v Út 10. 01. 2006 v 11:35 -0500:
> >On another note, it's possible to run SVN and stable backends on the same
> >machine - maybe I'll put up a Howto,  ...

> I hope you do put up that HowTo. That would be really useful.

it's nothing more than "./configure with different --prefix=/path and
let /etc/ld.so.conf contain a folder that would in fact be a symlink
to /path/lib of the myth installation you want to run, and do a similar
thing for $PATH".

Example: one myth ./configure-d to "/stable", the other one to
"/unstable". In "/etc/ld.so.conf" added path to "/whatever/lib" and in
$PATH added entry "/whatever/bin". And the "/whatever" is a symlink to
either "/stable" or "/unstable". And run "ldconfig" whenever you change
the symlink. That's all.

Petr