[mythtv] add to Trac?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:37:38 UTC 2006

I want to add the following as a ticket to Trac, but since theres no patch
attached, its more of a "bug" report with a possible solution for when a dev
has the time to put something together. Not sure if I should though, so I
figured I'd ask...
Summary=Fix for Firewire connected Motorola DCT-64xx cable boxes
Description=
Information:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/172082?search_string=firewire%20bus%20reset;#172082

I have not the skill to write such a patch, but I'm hoping this ticket will
remind a dev that does to create a patch for us DCT-64xx users to try to see
if the problem canbe solved.

Basically, the node the box is on needs to be reset (software version of
pulling the cable out and plugging it back in) before attempting to capture
an mpeg stream from the cablebox. It may also be of benefit to do it even
before the channel change command, as changing channels seems to have issue
as well sometimes. Two seperate patches for each problem would probably be
best, to track the benefit of both methods.