[mythtv] documentation of protocol version changes?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jan 13 05:30:18 UTC 2006

> Does anyone know of a document that discusses what changes were made in the myth
> protocol from one version to the next?  I'm interested because I run svn on my
> backend (protocol 23) but I just got a Roku HD1000 to use as a frontend but
> currently mythroku speaks protocol version 15.  I'm looking for some docs on
> what changed from version 15 -> 16, 16 -> 17, etc.  Or if there aren't any docs
> can someone recomend a good way to find each of the commits in trac?

Easiest way is to look at the commit logs for mythcontext.h and search through
for the ones that changed the MYTH_PROTO_VERSION.  Here's the list of changes
to mythcontext.h:

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/log/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.h

Look at each changeset in there to see which ones changed MYTH_PROTO_VERSION.
Inside those changesets, you'll find the other changes to Myth that
necessitated the change to the protocol version.

--
Chris