[mythtv] Frame accurate MPEG2 commercial cutting

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Fri Jan 13 06:53:29 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > For the time being, the following solutions may work:
> > 1) regenerate the key-frame index using 'mythtranscode -b' before
> > selecting cut points
>
> Did you find that this differed from the positionmap the decoder generated
> if you run "mythcommflag --rebuild"
Yes, but of course it would, since it uses the same method
mythtranscode uses to locate frames (which is basically just using
'pure' avformat), rather than using NuppleVideoPlayer to do it.

There are 2 things that are different about this method (that I'm
aware of): 1) there is no chance of using MARK_GOP_START, so we always
get exact frame numbers, and 2) It seems that myth pairs the previous
key-frame with the current position when using the dvbrecorder.  Not
sure why this happens, but it seems to affect the cutlist position.

.Geoff