[mythtv] Need help diagnosing slow XvMC problem

spam spam at sma2.rain.com
Sun Jan 15 02:12:12 UTC 2006

Michael Freeman wrote:

> what nvidia drivers work with XvMC and SVN from within the past three
> weeks?
>
> On 1/14/06, *Jerry Rubinow* <jerrymr at gmail.com
> <mailto:jerrymr at gmail.com>> wrote:

Be sure the correct XvMC libs are being linked in mythtv. The latest
Xorg 6.9 release in debian sid seems to confuse the mythtv configure
script. I have mod'd my script to make sure only nvidia is loaded.
Appended _NO to unwanted lib-name variables.
running nvidia-kernel-2.6.15-1-686_1.0.8178-1_i386.deb

changed section:

if test x"$xvmc" = x"yes"; then
    xvmc="no"
    if has_library libXvMCW_NO ; then
        CCONFIG="$CCONFIG using_xvmcw"
        VENDOR_XVMC_LIBS="-lXvMCW"
        xvmc="yes"
        if has_header X11/extensions/vldXvMC.h ; then
            echo > /dev/null
        else
            xvmc_vld="no"
        fi