[mythtv] osx-packager.pl breaks after install of fink

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Jan 17 03:50:02 UTC 2006

Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> writes:

>> And on this machine, I've been ultra-careful to avoid installing
>> things with fink
>
> 	Very wise. I also avoid Apple's X11 for the same reason.
>
>> because the last place I tried to build, the fink
>> installations of QT et. al. were getting picked up in various paths
>> instead of those downloaded by osx-packager, which was confusing the
>> whole process.
>
> 	Interesting. Sorry to labour the point, Dave, but are you
> sure there are no old traces of an old pkgconfig somewhere?
> e.g. Have you done a find / -name pkgconfig?
>       Is PKG_CONFIG_PATH perhaps set somewhere?

In fact, I am positive there is a pkgconfig on my system.  But I
shouldn't have -- and don't want -- to remove it to get this to work.

>> I'm pretty sure that all we need is to add
>>
>>   $ENV{'PKG_CONFIG_PATH'} = "$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig:" .
>> $ENV{'PKG_CONFIG_PATH'};
>>
>> to osx-packager.pl
>
> 	Excellent idea, although I propose this instead:
>
> $ENV{'PKG_CONFIG_PATH'} = "$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig";
>
> since we want to force _only_ the packager-generated
> third party stuff.

I don't know; it seems to me to force inflexibility.  The packager may
not need to install everything because it knows some things are
already on the system.  Or someone might want to use -thirdskip and
trash one of the downloaded packages so the packager finds what's
already installed in the system.

> I think this will also fix the original problem in #970 ?

I don't know what #970 refers to.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting