[mythtv] mythweb translation problem with HTML entities (was Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r8618 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythweb by xris)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jan 17 21:48:04 UTC 2006

> The reason you mention (don't trust) seems to be completely invalid as
> the listing data is not affected by the entities.

Sure it is.  If I get accent characters in my listings data, it needs to
be converted to entities in order for the browser to understand it
properly.  Keep in mind that most of that stuff is left over from before
mythweb handled anything other than English.  Some of them may not be
needed anymore now that mythweb tells the browser to expect a specific
charset.

I also don't want any html from the listings providor to come through AS
html to mythweb (malicious script attack, etc).

-Chris