[mythtv] Firewire troubles WAS Re: add to Trac?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:31:56 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 23:13, Jim Westfall wrote:
> Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote [01.17.06]:
> > scratch that, channel changing just doesn't work.
> >
> > On the plus side, telling Myth to use broadcast has allowed me to create
> > any 0byte recordings. Sometimes the channel is wrong, but it always gets
> > a stream.
> >
> > I posted to the user list the same, but have yet to hear feedback from
> > anyone.
> >
> > So what can I do to try and diagnose the channel changing issue?
>
> I would try manually changing the channel with contrib/6200ch.c and see
> what happens.
>
> jim

I was using this before I switched to capturing via firewire and had the box
connected to my PVR150(which is now connected to a regular digital cablebox).
I can say my success rate was much higher, ~95%, I had to play with the
plugctl to set p2p=1 though. The errors I got with 6200ch are the same as I'm
seeing now, just more frequently. Numbers go unseen or get doubled up.
Numbers are never mistaken for another number, so changing to channel 76 can
lead to
7
77
6
etc, but never say 89. always a combination of missed/repeated numbers of the
desired channel.  I've had this behaviour confirmed from other firewire users
as well.

--
Steve