[mythtv] Compiling with -Os is better than -O3

Martin van Es mrvanes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:51:50 UTC 2006

On 1/17/06, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> Martin van Es <mrvanes at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Inspired by your mail I tried the same (VIA Epia seems to fare better
> > with size opt instead of 03) and found that configure doesn't honour
> > optimize=small in some way, but you can easily edit
> > libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak iirc and change the OPTFLAGS line in
> > whatever you need.
>
> Did it make a difference for you?

On my Via Epia M6000 machine with PVR-150 that is both backend and
frontend at the same time I had occasional mini-freezes in LiveTV
(mythtv 0.19.xyz from svn, with openchrome xvmc drivers), too much not
to bother. I have not extensively tested since the recompile, but
first tests seem to fare well for now! :)

Could anybody tell me (pref from expierience) if it would help much to
convert my media partition to xfs instead of ext2?

Grtz.
Martin