[mythtv] Bug: Missing dependancies should be listed during configure

Justin Cherniak compwiz312 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 09:09:54 UTC 2006

Hello, I just tried to compile the latest svn on my laptop running Fedora
Core 4.  I initially did a compile only to see DVD support was disabled.  I
then added --enable-dvd and the same result occured.  This lead me to look
through configure to see that libdvdnav is required.

I think it would make sense that if options are to be disabled because of
missing dependancies that those missing dependancies should be listed.
Something akin to: "libdvdnav is required for DVD playback" would be good
enough and give people insight as to why something won't enable.  I ran into
a similar problem with lirc a few weeks ago when compiling (missing
dependancy) and had to go through configure to find out what was missing.  I
think this simple addition would make our compiling experience that much
easier.

Thanks,
Justin Cherniak