[mythtv] Running SVN and stable backends side-by-side

Carl Reynolds mythtv-dev at hyperbole-software.com
Sun Jan 22 20:25:59 UTC 2006

Ronald Pijnacker wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>In thread http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/172837#172780
>someone mentioned writing a HOWTO for running svn and stable side-by-side
>on the same host.
>Is this in fact without risc? And if so, did someone finish the HOWTO?

Hi Ronald,

If you continue to read that thread, you will see that the process isn't
as simple as the original poster made it seem. There are a number of
un-handled problems with setting up two different versions of MythTV on
the same machine. Some of them are addressed in a rather cavalier manner
in the thread that follows the message you sited. The rest are not
handled at all.

As far as I know, no HOW-TO has yet been published for this.

Carl.