[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase ran, no data

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 19:46:46 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 Jan 2006 19:07, Dave Just wrote:
> Could you share your patch to remove episode numbers from subtitles?
> It sounds useful to avoid unintentional duplicates (which got
> especially worse since I started mixing EIT and RT data).

Sorry can't provide a patch as I'd need a copy of the original file to create
a diff. It might not apply to different versions of the grabber either.
However if you don't mind getting your hands dirty then insert the following:

	if (defined $episode) {
	    $episode =~ s/^\d+\/\d+\s\-\s//;
        }

after the foreach loop starting "foreach ($premiere" and before, warn
"ignoring sub-title $sub_title since episode also given\n". It's around line
352 in my version of the file (/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt).

All it does is to strip episode numbers in the format "10/12 - ", which is
what the Radiotimes have started adding in front of some subtitles. My
problem is that they only add the numbers to the first/second showings of the
episode and that leads to repeated recordings later on.

It doesn't strip numbers from the subtitle which aren't in the above format
(note the 'space hyphen space'). So subtitles that only feature the episode
numbers are omitted - which is good.

I could probably do something more elaborate if anyone needs, but this solved
my problems.
--
Stuart Morgan