[mythtv] sound + xvmc + livetv = problem, why?

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Sun Jan 29 22:17:53 UTC 2006

On Sunday 29 January 2006 16:58, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 16:40 -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 January 2006 14:38, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > > I've been looking at ticket #774 a little more closely since it
> > > seems to be effecting more users and it makes the EPIA pretty
> > > useless as a frontend in LiveTV mode.
> >
> > Does pausing for a few seconds, then unpausing help at all?
>
> It has been reported to help, but it hasn't made any difference in
> my testing.

Well, I'd play with the extra audio buffering code - you should be able to
force it to decode more audio and defer video decoding with that.  Logic of
how much extra audio to decode is around line 2210 of avformatdecoder.cpp
(the 'storevideoframes' bit).  It just compares timestamps, fairly simple
stuff..

Isaac