[mythtv] Frontend Crash, Backend hangs in LiveTV... again...

Jochen Kühner jochen.kuehner at gmx.de
Sat Jul 1 08:24:31 UTC 2006

It happend again on my system, started the frontend, wached live tv,
crash, backend still thinks i'm watching live tv and so i can't watch ,
without restarting the backend...

Is there no way how we cab realize if a frontend is still there or
not...?? When a frontend is playing, is there a communication during the
playing from the frontend to the backend, or not?

I think the best way were, if a frontend or a recording asks for a
tuner, the backenbd should check if all at the moment tv looking
frontends are still there.

If one is not there, the tuner is free.
if the ask for a frontend comes from the same frontend which the backend
thinks is still watching, the backend should return the current livetv
buffer to the frontend.

anyone other ideas, or who this all could be realized???